Login below, or create an account for free.
• AST (amnesic shellfish toxins) and DST (diarrhetic shellfish toxins) are extracted and analysed in a single method.Method adapted from McNabb, P., Selwood, A. I., Holland, P. T. Journal of AOAC International, 2005, 88(3), 761. https://doi.org/10.1093/jaoac/88.3.761
• PST (paralytic shellfish toxins, including saxitoxin and its analogues)Method adapted from Boundy, M. J.; Selwood, A. I.; Harwood, D. T.; McNabb, P. S.; Turner, A. D. Journal of Chromatography. A, 2015, 1387,1. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2015.01.086
• CTX (ciguatoxins)Method adapted from Murray, J. S., Boundy, M. J., Selwood, A. I., Harwood, D. T. Harmful Algae, 2018, 80, 80. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.hal.2018.09.001
• MC (microcystins)Method adapted from Turner, A. D., Waack, J., Lewis, A., Edwards, C., Lawton, L. Journal of Chromatography B 1074-1075, 2018, 111. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jchromb.2017.12.032
• TTX (tetrodotoxins)Method adapted from Boundy, M. J.; Selwood, A. I.; Harwood, D. T.; McNabb, P. S.; Turner, A. D. Journal of Chromatography. A, 2015, 1387,1. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chroma.2015.01.086
• PLTX (palytoxins)Method adapted from García-Altares M, Tartaglione L, Dell'Aversano C, Carnicer O, de la Iglesia P, Forino M, Diogène J, Ciminiello P. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 2015, 407,1191. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00216-014-8338-y
The MMBF offers bespoke extraction and analytical method development and validation for researchers and Clients. Please contact us at email@example.com.
More details on the services offered by the MMBF can be found here.
• Solid Phase Extraction manifold, capability for gravity or vacuum-fed; supports up to 20 SPE procedures simultaneously
• Ultra Turrax tissue homogeniser
• Analytical weighing balance with capacity 10 mg to 220 g
• Fumehood with boosted flow capacity, power supply, and nitrogen gas supply
• Bench space for out-of-fumehood procedures
• Various centrifuges taking 50 mL, 15 mL, 2 mL tubes
• Rotary evaporator (water condenser)
• Water baths (heating up to 100 °C)
• Micropipettes with volume capacities ranging from 1 uL to 10 mL
• Heating block with nitrogen gas supplied at up to 20 L/min for sample drying
• Glassware including beakers, conical flasks, measuring cylinders, funnels, and Schott bottles with volumes ranging 250 mL – 2 L
• Vortex mixers
Standard consumables such as centrifuge tubes, Eppendorf tubes, pipette tips, gloves etc may be included in base access cost for members of partner universities (University of New South Wales, Macquarie University, the University of Technology Sydney, and the University of Sydney).